How often can I shop?
You may shop ONCE in the month of August. From September to May, you may shop as often as you like, but respect the once a week, month, or year limits put on certain items.
Why are ed techs only allowed to take items with no posted limits?
Ed techs work with the lead teacher who generally does the shopping for that classroom. In fairness to single teacher classrooms, only the lead teacher may take items with limits. Please contact us if you are a full time ed tech with your own room.
Can you hold items for me that I can't fit in my car?
In fairness to others, items in the Teacher Store are available on a first-come, first served basis, so items generally need to be taken when you are here. Unfortunately, our space is limited and too often people do not end up coming to pickup the item they asked us to hold. We may be able to accommodate if you are returning the same day with a large enough vehicle. However, if you fail to return by closing that same day, the item will be made available to others.
If I need special assistance, may I bring someone to help me in the Teacher Store?
Generally we have staff and volunteers who can assist you with the cart, picking up items, and loading up your vehicle. If you need further assistance feel free to call ahead of time so arrangements can be worked out.
Do you need to know if I have changed schools/grades?
Yes! PLEASE keep us updated on any changes in your email address, work site, name, grade or title.
What do you do with all the data we fill out on our sheets?
We use this data to track which items are taken and to calculate the value of those materials. This data is used in funding proposals and reported to school administrators to demonstrate the value of a 3Rs membership.
I'm pretty busy, but how can I help 3R's?
You can help in a variety of ways, including:
1. Spreading the word about 3R's to your colleagues, friends, and business associates
2. Writing thank you letters telling "how the materials helped students learn"
3. Volunteering 2 hours a month
4. Monetary Donations and/or Gift in Kind donations
5. Participating in 3R's events and fund raisers and encouraging others to do so too
6. Donating supplies that are useful to other teachers (i.e. when you retire)
7. Share your talents or hobbies with us—we may be able to work together.
8. Reference 3R's in your grants, newsletters, websites, and other PR. Let folks know where you get your great stuff and how much it helps you teach and students learn.
9. AND, keep on shopping!